Wednesday, April 13, 2005 ; anthem of love
k. i am NOT in my church choir anymore. sad right.
I called the music ministry yesterday, but the leader in charge of choir, Joy Chua was on leave. So they directed me to Jen. I a bit scared of him. heh. That time after i auditioned for the choir, then got interview. I wasn't prepared. I thought after I got into choir, then maybe there would be an interview. But to be honest, I didn't even think of the interview. All I thought was to sing well.
Then after I auditioned, I tell you, I sang terrible. Especially the My Redeemed Lives. The 'Magnificient' was okay lah. The first part a bit off key. After I went out of the room, I saw everybody together. So naturally, I also went there. Then Ronnie took my photo. I saw someone coming out of the room. I stupidly ask,what's that. Oh thats the interview room.
During the audition I was so nervous lah. INTERVIEW?? WHAT THE!!!
Jen Tan, I think he's in charge of the music ministry, interviewed me, and someone else was writing. The look on his face told me that I answered my questions not very well. I left the interview room with doubt.
I told Jen I got a bad throat. True. But I didn't sound like it. He probably did not believe me either lah.
Jen: So if your throat gets better?
Me: Err. no lah".
Jen: Why? you feel you're not ready for it arh?
Me: Err ya...
Jen: You're what? Institute? Poly?
Me: Err.. secondary school
Jen: Oh you're Charmaine is it
Me: Ya..
Jen: Okay so I'll tell Joy about it.
Yup and today during History, Joy called me. I had finished smsing someone. Thank God my school bag was still on my lap. Suddenly my phone vibrated in my hand. I saw New Creation Church's number. I know its lame, but I thought of telling Mrs Ho I needed to go toilet then rush then answer the call. Heh.
But what I SHOULD have done: Put my bag on my table, put the phone on it, and lie down and answer. Get it? :)
But what I did, I put my ear to my lap/phone/bag.
Joy: Hello Charmaine, this is Joy from New Creation Church
Me: Oh hello, I'm in school (how lame did that sound)
Joy: Oh. I just want to confirm that you're [dunno what] from the choir
Me: Arh yes, okay buh-bye
* snaps phone shut*
So thank God she didn't call half an hour later during English, cause we'd have our summary then. Or thank God she didn't call during other periods. Sitting at one corner of the classroom, Mrs Ho was at the transparency, in the middle of the classroom and couldn't be bothered turning back all the time.
Alene called half an hour ago, and told me that she got in. Congrats dear.
10:14 pm